Any word on the Vodafone Mast

No good news to report there yet.  I borrowed a vodafone 3g modem and tested it on a laptop in 2 locations in Butlersbridge last week.  While inside each house, I only got a 2g signal.  Which is useless basically.  However outside the house while in view of the mast I did get a 3g signal and it did work all be it a bit of a weak signal.  (This weak signal might not even be from the Corracreeney Mast). So to summarise its not working for broadband yet probably 3g is not switched on at all.  I have emailed someone in the hope to find out more information, but as of yet nothing.  Once I find out I'll post an update.

Ordinary vodafone 087 mobile phone coverage however seems to have improved though.

  • Update: Just been informed today 13th May that the 3g element of the new mast has not been switched on yet.  Awaiting an answer on when its likely to be switched on.

Comments