Eugene Leddy's Ceili Band

(L-R) Ken Brown, Tommy Reilly, Jerome Breen, Sean Woods, Tommy Curren, Eugene Leddy, Mrs Johanna McGovern, Peter McQuillan, Packy Teevan.

Hi Padraic thanks for your reply, found your excellent site this evening. I`ve been browsing the web passing the time. Taking my mind of the heavy snow falling outside. Very severe weather here in Coventry, reminds me of the hard winters
In Ross in Co Meath in the 1940s/1950s. Fond memories of Eugine Leddy`s Ceili Band and Ken Brown r.i.p. playing in the Eldorado ballroom in Oldcastle.

All my ceili band lps have been digitally remastered by myself. The lp of Eugine was recorded in Co Cavan lp done in New York, 5 tracks of E Leddy on one side, Ballinamere on the other side, I will take a photo of the record; cover tomorrow and email to you. The recording was done in cavan in the 1950s.The lp was done in new york for the Irish market there, it was never available in Ireland.
I`m sure a lot of the late Eugine relations have never heard this recording
King regards Sean Quinn

Comments